Adjunct faculty are highly valued and an integral part of Chandler-Gilbert Community College. Approximately 600 adjunct faculty members teach 60% of the classes at CGCC. The Adjunct Faculty Association (“AFA”) is a non-profit professional organization that exists solely to support the almost 6,000 adjunct faculty who teach among the 10 colleges of the Maricopa County Community College District (“MCCCD”). The AFA seeks to:
- Educate the public and MCCCD institutions about adjunct faculty talents and abilities.
- Support the advancement of adjunct faculty knowledge and skills.
- Provide a network for sharing common interests, education and assistance.
- Encourage effective practices and resource utilization to improve education within the MCCCD.
- Advocate for adjunct faculty within the structure of the MCCCD policies and guidelines