Adjunct faculty are a highly valuable and integral part of Chandler-Gilbert Community College. Approximately 600 adjunct faculty members teach 60% of the classes at CGCC. The Adjunct Faculty Association (“AFA”) is a non-profit professional organization that exists solely to support the almost 6,000 adjunct faculty who teach among the 10 colleges of the Maricopa County Community College District (“MCCCD”). The AFA seeks to:
- Educate the public and MCCCD institutions about adjunct faculty talents and abilities.
- Support the advancement of adjunct faculty knowledge and skills.
- Provide a network for sharing common interests, education and assistance.
- Encourage effective practices and resource utilization to improve education within the MCCCD.
- Advocate for adjunct faculty within the structure of the MCCCD policies and guidelines
Welcome new adjunct faculty!
Virtual adjunct faculty orientation, fall 2020
Saturday, August 15th, 2020 10 am - 11:30 am
Under normal circumstances, during the Adjunct Faculty Orientation, a CGCC Faculty Badge would be created for attendees. This year to adhere to safety protocols we will be gathering the information through a form and mailing your badge, campus key card, and additional information to your home address. Please complete this form if you are in need of an ID badge and/or key card.